We are looking for Digital Skills and/or Independent Living trainers who could join our bank staff. Work is offered on an as-needed basis once you are added to our bank staff. There is no guarantee of work; however we are looking for people who are happy to be contacted at short notice to provide relief. We run various different training courses for disabled adults and two of our most popular are Digital Skills and Independent Living. We need trainers who are skilled in teaching either or both areas, that can be called upon to provide cover for either course, should trainers be off sick or book leave. Our classes run from 10am – 4pm every day.
To read more about what our digital skills project covers click here.
To read more about our what we get up to in our independent living project, click here.
- To teach Independent Living and/or Digital Skills, and provide personal development and support to adults who have a range of physical disabilities, learning disabilities, mental health issues or a combination.
- Digital Skills- Teaching Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word and Excel. Training in use of the internet, iPads and other mobile technology.
- Independent Living - Teaching topics such as money, travel, reading, writing, relationship management, health and wellbeing, and maths.
- To provide training where required in the full range of skills needed for the appropriate external qualification.
- To work within a framework that values diversity and the individual qualities of each student.
- Experience in training or teaching , a qualification would be desireable
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to motivate and support students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively and in a non-discriminatory way to disabled people from a range of backgrounds and communities.
- The ability to be available at short notice or in advance, if booked
Please send your CV with a covering note detailing your availability to Leanne Wood firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Leanne to discuss the role in more detail on 0207 801 9825.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and providing evidence of right to work in the UK.
If you have a disability and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Leanne on 0207 801 9825.