Do you want to help disabled people improve their digital literacy? Are you confident using the latest mobile, PC and tablet technology? Technology plays an important role in the lives of people with learning disabilities, helping them communicate, find information and explore hobbies and interests.
We deliver relaxed group sessions at our training centres in Clapham Junction and Brixton to help adults with learning disabilities improve their digital skills. We need volunteers to engage with our students in the classroom and help them build the knowledge and confidence to progress their individual learning journeys. You'll provide invaluable support to our digital skills facilitators, helping them deliver empowering and fun sessions. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience supporting people with learning disabilities in a training environment.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs become more happy, healthy and independent. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose.
Our ideal digital skills volunteer:
- Knows how to use an ipad, smartphones, and basic computer technology
- Has a strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life
- Is friendly, patient and approachable
- Is reliable and punctual
- Has good listening skills
- Is able to get on well with people from a variety of backgrounds
If you have any experience of teaching, that would be a bonus, but it’s not essential and full training will be given.
We can guarantee that the right people will have a wonderful experience working in our friendly community. In return for giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Access to our volunteer forum
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
Find out what it's like to volunteer at Share.
How to apply
If you'd like to have a chat about the role or if you have any questions, we would love to hear from you. You can contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 020 7924 2949.