Our bank SEN Tutors teach adults with learning disabilities and autism. They step in to teach our independent living, employability, digital skills and English and Maths sessions when our teachers are on annual leave or unwell. Our classes run from 10am – 4pm each day at our training centre in Clapham Junction. Work is offered on an as-needed basis, and is normally booked in advance.
- To teach independent living, employability, digital skills and/or English and Maths courses to adults who have a range of learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and/or ill mental health.
- To teach a range of topics such as using iPads, using the internet safely, money handling, employability, travelling independently, relationship management, health and wellbeing, English and maths.
- To follow the lesson plan provided.
- To feedback at the end of the day regarding student progress.
- To gather evidence of work that can be put in to student portfolios.
- To work within a framework that values diversity and the individual qualities of each student.
- To work in line with our values.
- Experience in training or teaching , a teaching qualification would be desirable
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to motivate and support students
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively and in a non-discriminatory way to disabled people from a range of backgrounds and communities
- Reliable, with good time management
- Able to explain tasks and procedures clearly and simply.
- Personal flexibility and the ability to work in a way that is adaptable and focused on the needs of each individual student.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering note detailing your availability and why you feel you are suitable for this role to Leanne Wood email@example.com or contact Leanne to discuss the role in more detail or to arrange a visit on 0207 801 9825.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and providing evidence of right to work in the UK.
If you have a disability and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Leanne on 0207 801 9825.
We are very much looking forward to receiving your application.