Do you want to empower people with learning disabilities and autism by helping them improve their employment opportunities? We need a facilitator for two days a week to run a programme helping people take their first steps towards getting paid or volunteer work.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs live more independently. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose, and we need talented people to help us make that happen.
- You’ll plan, develop, and deliver sessions for our Steps into Employment course, working with each participant to understand their needs and help them thrive
- You’ll use technology to help people move closer to their employment goals and improve their confidence, work ethic, and functional skills
- You’ll work closely with our students to refer those who are work-ready to our job coach or external partner to provide further employment guidance
Who we’re looking for
- You’ve worked in a social care or training environment, helping adults with learning disabilities and autism, so you understand the challenges they face and the different types of support they may need
- You’re a creative thinker, able to be resourceful and create engaging, interactive and relevant course material
- You have first-rate communication skills and you easily relate to people from all backgrounds
- You take a person-centred approach and you know how to inspire people and help them grow their self-esteem and confidence
- Most importantly, you’re committed to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life, especially employment
Why work for us?
Share is committed to empowering disabled people. You’ll make a difference every day, helping people to live as independently as possible.
Our values drive us forward. They provide the framework for everything we do, including who we hire. We believe everyone has something to offer others, and we build on people's individual talents, interests, and abilities. We think happy employees are successful employees.
We won employer of the year at the Wandsworth Business Awards in 2019 and we hold gold Investors in People accreditation. This means we truly understand the value of people: we focus on what people can do, not what holds them back. And we have robust policies in place so that every single person working at Share takes ownership for making our programmes come to life.
We’ve been praised for our thorough induction process and supportive working environment where everyone has a voice and is valued. You’ll be surrounded by people who support you, challenge you, and inspire you.
How to apply
We positively welcome applications from all parts of the community and from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and lived experience.
Please complete our application form and equal opportunities form (also available to download at the bottom of this page).
Please return both by Friday 29th October 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have chat about the role or visit us prior to applying, please contact Valentino Ferro on email@example.com or on 0207 801 9829.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced DBS check and providing evidence of the right to work in the UK. If you are disabled and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Valentino on 0207 801 9829.
We look forward to receiving your application.