Share has a range of iPads and PCs for our students to use. Our digital skills training has a focus on digital financial literacy, helping students gain the essential digital understanding needed for everyday life.
In a world where many services are online and app based, we aim to support students to increase their independence and wellbeing by accessing the wealth of online services available, in particular online banking. Improving digital skills also helps our students to stay connected to family and friends through email and messaging apps, and to safely access leisure services like YouTube and iPlayer.
Students learn how to:
- Set up and use online banking to make payments and manage money safely
- Use online platforms to find information and communicate
- Use apps for everyday banking and for leisure activities
- Understand and fill in digital forms and use security tools like CAPTCHA
- Identify what personal information is, and how to keep it secure
- Set up an email account and send and receive emails
- Set up subscriptions to access online services like iPlayer
- Stay safe online
We offer accredited course options including:
- ITQ Level 1 and Level 2 Award, Certificate or Diploma
- City & Guilds Skills for Working Life Entry Level 2 and Entry Level 3
Technology is integral to everything we do at Share and a part of modern life. We provide daily access to laptops, tablets, smartphones, software, and data - to be used within Share and out in the community. To ensure an inclusive experience, we include access to assistive communication technologies for people with limited verbal communication. Students are encouraged to learn at their own pace, based on their personal interests and needs.