Share has a range of iPads and PCs running Microsoft Office and Adobe software. The accredited course covers digital skills for work - how to use a computer or technology to complete specific tasks and apply for jobs. Students develop their communication skills by listening to instructions for different tasks in an office-style environment. They learn how to prioritise workloads, organise their time, and problem-solve IT issues.
- ITQ Level 1 and Level 2 Award, Certificate or Diploma
- City & Guilds Skills for Working Life Entry Level 2 and Entry Level 3
We also offer a digital life skills course with an emphasis on independence and wellbeing. It includes how to shop and manage money online, and how to use special technology and apps to aid communication or help with day-to-day tasks (e.g. electronic storybooks to record how to cook a simple meal or create a shopping list).
We cover digital skills for fun. How to use a computer or technology to indulge in hobbies, like listening to music, playing games or creating digital art.
- How to use the internet to find information and communicate
- How to use mobile phone and iPad technology
- All about social media – what is it and how to use it
- How to use technology for independent living and life skills
- How to stay safe online
Technology is integral to everything we do at Share and a part of modern life. We provide innovative solutions for communication and learning to ensure an inclusive experience for work, rest and play. Students are encouraged to learn at their own pace, based on their personal interests and needs.