We cover general topics such as:
- What is work?
- What is the difference between paid and voluntary work, and work experience?
- What are the rules of work?
These topics are then broken down into bite-sized subjects to cover some specific areas of employment, such as:
- Skills required for particular jobs, and how individual skills might match these
- Making informed career choices
- How to search and apply for jobs
- What to wear to work
- Which behaviours, attitudes and attributes are right and proper for the workplace
- The importance of personal hygiene
- Preparing for an interview
- Interview skills
We focus on practical learning with interactive group sessions. We include role play, e.g. working as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant to understand what constitutes good versus bad customer service.