This volunteer role is currently on hold, however please register your interest with us at email@example.com and will get in touch when we open recruitment again.
Do you have green fingers? Would you like to use your gardening skills to help others? We have a beautiful garden site based at Springfield Hospital in Tooting where we provide horticulture training for disabled people and those facing health-related barriers to employment. This helps them move towards personal goals, opening up career opportunities and building confidence and self esteem.
We need volunteers to help us on-site; you don’t need advanced gardening skills, you just need to be passionate about greenery and keen to support people with learning disabilities. You'll assist with garden maintenance as well as the educational, personal, and social development of our students. We’ve got lots of exciting new projects on the go, so now is a great time to join in the fun.
Our ideal volunteer will:
- have basic gardening skills
- be able to work as part of a team and use initiative
- have good communication skills
- be able to follow instructions and support others to thrive
If you have any experience of teaching, that would be a bonus.
We can guarantee that the right people will have a wonderful experience working in our warm and friendly community. In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Free lunch and refreshments
- The opportunity to take part in the annual volunteer survey
- Access to our volunteer forum
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
Complete our online application form.
If you'd like to have a chat about the role, if you have any questions or if you would like any help with the application, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7924 2949.