When: Wednesday, 2 - 4pm and/or Thursday 1 - 3pm
What: We run a Music group for adults with learning disabilities and autism. If you have a musical background or an interest in music, and would like to support our students for a few hours a week, we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for someone who can ideally commit to at least 4 months with us.
You should have an interest in supporting adults with learning disabilities and be able to follow instructions from the music tutor. You’ll need to be patient, supportive and interested in people and their wellbeing. An interest in music is essential, and if you can play an acoustic instrument this would be a great advantage, however it is not essential.
We can guarantee that the right person will have a wonderful experience working in our warm and friendly community. You’ll gain a great insight into humanity, and gain a greater understanding of the power of music in our lives.
Our ideal volunteer would be:
- Interested or have a background in music
- Interested in people and their wellbeing
- Able to play a music instrument, an acoustic instrument would be a real advantage but this is not essential
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction and regular training, with on-going support from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and make new connections
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Free lunch and refreshments if you volunteer for the whole day
- Invites to all our events, including Christmas parties and garden parties
- The opportunity to have your say by taking part in the annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
How to apply
Please note that this role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
To apply, download and fill in our application form. If you would like to have a chat about the role, you can contact Leanne via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 801 9825. If you wish to discuss submitting your application by an alternative method, please speak to Leanne.