Do you want to make a strong contribution to the learning and achievements of disabled people, making a positive and lasting difference to their lives? We need a committed Family Liaison Officer to provide maternity cover for two days a week. You’ll deliver guidance, support, and practical help to families to ensure our students develop independent living skills at home.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs live more independently. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose, and we need talented people to help us make that happen.
- You’ll work with students to develop individual learning plans to help them set and achieve their goals outside Share’s learning environment
- You’ll help families support the person they care for to take more responsibility and make their own choices
- You’ll work closely with professionals, advisers, and other services to make sure families receive the best support possible
Who we’re looking for
- You’ve worked in a similar role before, ideally supporting people with learning disabilities and autism
- You’re a skilled communicator, able to build trust and rapport with people from all backgrounds
- You’re sensitive to the needs of families who may be under stress and facing financial, emotional or domestic challenges
- You have great diplomacy and you’re able to mediate when the wishes of students conflict with those of their families
- Most importantly, you’re passionate about helping disabled people enjoy more autonomy and you understand how to make this happen
Why work for us?
Share is committed to empowering disabled people. You’ll make a difference every day, helping people to live as independently as possible.
Our values drive us forward. They provide the framework for everything we do, including who we hire. We believe everyone has something to offer others, and we build on people's individual talents, interests, and abilities. We think happy employees are successful employees.
We won employer of the year at the Wandsworth Business Awards in 2019 and we hold gold Investors in People accreditation. This means we truly understand the value of people: we focus on what people can do, not what holds them back. And we have robust policies in place so that every single person working at Share takes ownership for making our programmes come to life.
We’ve been praised for our thorough induction process and supportive working environment where everyone has a voice and is valued. You’ll be surrounded by people who support you, challenge you, and inspire you.
How to apply
We positively welcome applications from all parts of the community and from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and lived experience.
Please complete our application form and equal opportunities form (also available to download at the bottom of this page).
Please return both by 30/11/2021 to email@example.com.
If you would like to have chat about the role or visit us prior to applying, please contact Valentino Ferro on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 801 9829.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced DBS check and providing evidence of the right to work in the UK. If you are disabled and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Valentino on 0207 801 9829.
We look forward to receiving your application.