Meet our volunteers and hear about their experiences.
We have various volunteer opportunities including befriending, being a social buddy, and supporting sessions at our training centres. Apply to become a volunteer at Share
We previously received a Best Practice in volunteering award from Lifetimes, an organisation that supports voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth. They were particulary impressed by the support, training, recognition and reward that we give to our volunteers and also that we recruited those with additional support needs and those from marginalised backgrounds.
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support and training from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- A reference for your time with us
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within zone 1 - 6
- Free lunch in our canteen or £5 towards lunch outside of Share (if volunteering for more than 4 hours a day)
- Invitations to all our events, such as our garden parties, away days, Christmas parties and awards ceremony
- The opportunity to have your say in our annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and become part of a community
Please take a look at our volunteer policy.
If you'd like to have a chat about how you could get involved:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 020 7924 2949
- Or fill in our volunteer application form to get started
What do our past and current volunteers have to say about us?
"It gave me immense satisfaction giving up my time to help those who appreciated my small contribution. I would like to think that if anyone had time to spare, they should volunteer with a very worthy charity like yours."
"I love volunteering at Share and being part of a lovely team. Working at Share has given me lots of opportunities to learn and also to share my experience and hopefully make a real difference to the charity's work and goals."
"I really enjoy helping others whilst also enjoying the activities. It is somewhere where you can regularly attend and meet new people."
"Share has a friendly and fun atmosphere. Everyone is polite and helpful. Very rewarding"
"I very much enjoyed the experience and loved meeting and spending time with all the people at Share. You all do excellent work and it's really been an honour and privilege to be part of it."