Investing in Volunteers quality standard in early 2023 for good practice in volunteer management.
We were praised for our inclusive, welcoming, and flexible approach.
Previously, we also received a Best Practice in Volunteering Award from Lifetimes, an organisation that supports voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth. They were impressed by the support, training, recognition and reward that we give to our volunteers.
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support and training from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- A reference for your time with us
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within zone 1 - 6
- Free lunch in our canteen or £5 towards lunch outside of Share (if volunteering for more than 4 hours a day)
- Invitations to all our events, such as our garden parties, away days, Christmas parties and our student awards ceremony
- The opportunity to have your say in our annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and become part of a community
|Don't see a role for you? We're always looking for volunteers to collaborate with on new projects. If you have a skill you'd like to share with us, then we'd love to hear from you. This could be helping us make a video, party planning, doing some admin, or supporting our free time activities for students. Get in touch at email@example.com.
If you'd like to have a chat first about how you could get involved:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 020 7924 2949
What do our past and current volunteers have to say about us?
'I love the values and ethos of Share, it’s a real model of how society should be, I feel really proud to play my part and know I’m making a difference to someone’s life'
'I needed a role to fit around my shift work, this works perfectly for me – and is why I’m here and not with another charity.'
'I love volunteering at Share and being part of a lovely team. Working at Share has given me lots of opportunities to learn and also to share my experience and hopefully make a real difference to the charity's work and goals.'
'Share has a friendly and fun atmosphere. Everyone is polite and helpful. Very rewarding.'
'I very much enjoyed the experience and loved meeting and spending time with all the people at Share. You all do excellent work and it's really been an honour and privilege to be part of it.'