Our volunteers are very special to us and are vital for the success of our organisation. We currently have approximately 60 volunteers and we always love to hear from new people who may like to support us in different areas.
We can guarantee that the right people will have a wonderful experience working in our warm and friendly community.
We received a Best Practice in volunteering award from Lifetimes, an organisation that supports voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth. They were particulary impressed by the support, training, recognition and reward that we give to our volunteers and also that we positively recruited those with additional support needs and marginalised backgrounds. To find out more about our award, click here.
We really value our volunteers so in return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A warm welcome into our organisation
- A comprehensive induction
- On-going support and training from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and add to your CV
- A reference for your time with us
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within zone 1 - 6
- Free lunch in our canteen or £5 towards lunch outside of Share (if volunteering for more than 4 hours a day)
- Invitations to all our events, such as our garden parties, away days, Christmas parties and awards ceremony
- The opportunity to have your say in our annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and become part of a community
Please take a look at our volunteer policy.
If you'd like to have a chat about how you could get involved, do get in touch with Peri on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 050 4167 / 07859744818. We'd love to hear from you!
What do our past and current volunteers have to say about us?
"It gave me immense satisfaction giving up my time to help those who appreciated my small contribution. I would like to think that if anyone had time to spare, they should volunteer with a very worthy charity like yours."
"I love volunteering at Share and being part of a lovely team. Working at Share has given me lots of opportunities to learn and also to share my experience and hopefully make a real difference to the charity's work and goals."
"I really enjoy helping others whilst also enjoying the activities. It is somewhere where you can regularly attend and meet new people."
"Share has a friendly and fun atmosphere. Everyone is polite and helpful. Very rewarding"
"I very much enjoyed the experience and loved meeting and spending time with all the people at Share. You all do excellent work and it's really been an honour and privilege to be part of it."