My Life, My Way is an independent living skills course that supports people to think about what how they wish to live, what they want to do, and who they choose to do it with.
- The practical skills needed to prepare for and carry out activities, like planning for a social event
- Helping students to understand the roles of people in their support networks, and who to approach for different needs
- How to find out what's happening in the community and how to arrange meeting up with friends
- Understanding and navigating friendships
- Planning for the future, and thinking about life goals and how to reach them
This is a student-led course, supporting students to identify their needs and wants, learn how to advocate for themselves, and to do what they choose.