Are you committed to helping adults with learning disabilities learn the everyday life skills they need to live more independently? We need a tutor to deliver training sessions for three days a week both at our training centre and out in real-life community settings.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs become more happy, healthy, and independent. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose, and we need talented people to help us make that happen.
• You’ll deliver engaging, creative, and interactive sessions that help people grow in confidence and have more choice and control over their lives.
• You’ll work closely with students to assess individual needs and provide personalised development plans to help them work towards their learning goals.
• You’ll evaluate your sessions, providing regular feedback and reviews on student progress and wellbeing.
• You’ve previously worked in a social care environment providing services that help adults with learning disabilities and autism live fulfilling lives.
• You have experience facilitating interactive sessions that help people better understand how to take control of their own health and wellbeing.
• You’re empathetic, and you really understand how to motivate people so that they engage and learn.
• Most importantly, you share our strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in society, and you believe in equality for all.
Why work for us?
Share is committed to empowering disabled people. You’ll make a difference every day, helping people to live as independently as possible.
Our values drive us forward. They provide the framework for everything we do, including who we hire. We believe everyone has something to offer others, and we build on people's individual talents, interests, and abilities. We think happy employees are successful employees.
We won employer of the year at the Wandsworth Business Awards in 2019 and we hold gold Investors in People accreditation. This means we truly understand the value of people: we focus on what people can do, not what holds them back. And we have robust policies in place so that every single person working at Share takes ownership for making our programmes come to life.
We’ve been praised for our thorough induction process and supportive working environment where everyone has a voice and is valued. You’ll be surrounded by people who support you, challenge you, and inspire you.
How to apply
We positively welcome applications from all parts of the community and from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and lived experience.
Please complete our application form and equal opportunities form (also available to download at the bottom of this page).
Please return both by 04/02/2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have chat about the role or visit us prior to applying, please contact Valentino Ferro on email@example.com or on 0207 801 9829.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced DBS check and providing evidence of the right to work in the UK. If you are disabled and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please call Valentino on 0207 801 9829.
We look forward to receiving your application.