UPDATE - Share urges students to stay at home if possible
As ever our priority is the wellbeing of students and staff and we want to make sure that people take every precaution to stay safe. The current rise in coronavirus cases is concerning for everyone and the Government advice is for people to stay at home if possible. However, Share sites are still open for those who really need to access our services in person. We're also providing outreach and an enhanced schedule of virtual sessions delivered on Zoom for those staying at home.
We’re aware of the need to be flexible as things may change at any moment and we’ll continue to review and adapt our procedures as necessary.
We understand that many students will be accessing other community services and we’re working within the Wandsworth Test and Trace System to ensure that details are logged appropriately.
A major change to our Clapham Junction site is a complete overhaul of our ventilation system to improve clean air flow through the building. All teaching and activity rooms also have windows that can open to ventilate the space.
Other practical steps to make our environment as COVID-safe as possible include:
- running much smaller class sizes
- managing communal areas to help people adhere to social distancing – we have floor markers and easy-read signage throughout the building to remind people of the rules
- minimising physical touch points by using door plates to open and close doors
- implementing rigorous cleaning regimes in the building throughout the day
- using PPE where appropriate - staff will wear masks and students will be encouraged to do so too
- checking temperatures upon arrival
- making sure that handwashing guidelines are properly communicated and implemented
- making sure people aren't congregating in communal spaces
- providing personal student packs to reduce sharing things like stationery, craft activities and communication tools
Have a look at some pictures showing what our building looks like now.
We have opened up a new site at 336 Brixton Road in Lambeth. This building also is Covid-secure with safety levels that match those at our Altenburg Gardens site, and we’ve also made major changes to our garden site to make the indoor areas safe and secure.
Our syllabus currently focuses on mental wellbeing and will continue to integrate digital skills helping students be more connected via technology, something that has been vital during lockdown.
For any more information on this or other issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.